Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Treasure Hunting


In the epic battle that took place last night at approximately 12:45 am, I defeated my opponents and prevailed in getting an etsy treasury (it's tough competition, let me tell you)! Some of you might be wondering what exactly is etsy, and why am I concerned about treasure? (Sounds like Pirates of the Caribbean or something.) If you don't know what etsy is, you're in for a treat. www.etsy.com is "your place to buy and sell things handmade" - it's basically like buying stuff on ebay and amazon except they are handmade crafts or vintage items.

It's a lot of fun to look through all the different items. Because it only costs 20 cents to post an item, that's a really low start-up cost, which encourages people to be creative and start selling their stuff! I fell in love with etsy as soon as I started using it last December, and I do, indeed, have my own etsy store, where I sell some of my photographs and crafts that I've made (I will soon be adding more photos, by the way). Some of my items show up at the bottom of this post.


One of the tools that etsy has is called the Treasury. Users can compile lists of all their favorite items that they've seen on etsy and then post those lists for other people to look through. The trick is that you can't add a list unless there are less than 333 lists at a time. However, as soon as the number drops to 332, everyone who is currently looking at the treasury page has the opportunity to create a treasury, so then the overall number skyrockets back up to like 600. You have to time it just right to score a treasury. And that's what I did last night at 12:45, and now my treasury is online for just another day and a half!

You should check it out! The more people look at it (and click on stuff) the higher the rating. Here's the link: http://www.etsy.com/treasury_list.php?room_id=55167



Etsy
Buy Handmade
sadielou

4 comments:

  1. Nice treasury! I was finally able to view it from home. Love all the photos you added. Also, you have a great etsy store. I hope others go visit and peruse, and perhaps even purchase if they are inspired.

    By the way, you should make the link live, so people can click on it and go straight there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice alliteration, Dad (peruse, perhaps, purchase). Yeah, I don't know how to make the link live. Help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you are writing your post you will see a "link" icon. It is next to the Text Color icon (which is next to the italic icon). You select the text you want to make a link, then click on the link icon, and then copy/paste the URL into the "URL" box. Once done, hit OK and voila you have a link!

    And I did make the alliteration purposefully!

    ReplyDelete

This Is Where The People Who Read My Blog Live...

ip-location