Monday, May 25, 2009

Stargazing Epiphanies

Tonight, I was laying out in the hot tub (I'm at Olivia's house), and I was looking at the stars, and I realized that there are just some things that you can't take pictures of. It was the most beautiful sight I have seen in so long, and pictures just will not compare. So, this post will not have a picture. (But don't fear, it will be one of the few without. ;))

Tonight I had a mind-heart connection. It was one of those days when you're sitting there, crunching numbers in your head, trying to figure out what you need, what you want, how to make it all happen. The same old thoughts go through your head...it'll be ok...it always is...i can't change it, so i shouldn't worry....God's got it all under control...He'll provide.

But you know those times when you are saying those things and yet you still feel the knot of tension in your stomach? You repeat those refrains over and over, like popping Advil to relieve your headache. One, two, three times you say it to yourself. But you feel the same and the ache and the worry is still there.

That was today. But tonight, gazing at the stars, it just made sense. The words I would use to express what I was thinking are no different from the ones I said above, but this time I feel it. Peace.

Thanks, God.

1 comment:

  1. It's true.. you can never take a picture of stars that does any justice to their incredibleness

    ReplyDelete

This Is Where The People Who Read My Blog Live...

ip-location