Tuesday, August 17, 2010

p-town lovin


10 Reasons Why I Love Portland:

1. Well, the obvious. I grew up here, I know the place well, and I have all my childhood memories here. My family is here. This is where my roots are.

2 & 3. Because of the two great Portland things pictured above: (1) biking and (2) Stumptown Coffee. [As a side note, this picture is from today, taken at the first & main Stumptown shop...and that is my new bike in the background!]

4. People care about the environment here.

5. Fresh fruit, vegetarian, and vegan options abound thanks to a little streak of health nut-hippie that runs in Portland blood.

6. Portland is walkable. Also, bike-able. Pretty much anywhere I want to go is within 3-5 miles of my house.

7. Mild weather. This summer has been a little TOO mild overall, but hey, gotta love the moderate temperatures year-round.

8. It is absolutely normal for total strangers to greet each other when passing on the street.

9. Portland has awesome events, especially in the summer. I love street fairs, Sunday Parkways, and neighborhood festivals.

10. Portland can be easily navigated. Whoever came up with the numerical streets crossed by alphabetized streets was a genius city planner. Gotta love Ankeny, Burnside, Couch, David, Everett, Flanders, etc, etc.

I love love love this city!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I agree. You can't help but love this town. A city that you can drive across in less than an hour. Livable. Drivable. Walkable. It's got it all.

    ReplyDelete

This Is Where The People Who Read My Blog Live...

ip-location