Saturday, August 28, 2010

boats and dreams and growin' up



[As a warning, if the last two posts weren't any indication, you will probably be seeing many pictures from Crater Lake in future posts. It was just so strikingly beautiful there. These pictures are totally unedited,too! Sometimes I like to up the photo contrast in Photoshop but the colors were so naturally gorgeous that I didn't change a thing.]

We hiked around and down to the edge of Crater Lake one day during our vacation. I was so drawn to this boat, floating all alone at the edge of the lake. Besides the fact that it lent to a beautiful photo composition, I loved the image of a single, small boat floating at the edge of a huge lake. In a way, it's like a reflection of my life. Going into my senior year, I feel like I'm on the cusp of taking the next big step. Like this boat, I feel small and alone, at times, especially because I am making decisions for myself, not for anyone else nor is anyone included in the decision I make. But at the same time, there is a whole wide range of possibilities and I have potential to sail away into the lake, so to speak (although actually I might say the sea...sounds better). Anyway, I'm not much of an analogy girl...at least I don't come up with very good ones, but for what it's worth, there it is. In a more down-to-earth fashion, it's time to start thinking about what's to come, filling out applications, sending in resumes, tracking deadlines. Oh boy.

And so that's enough time spent creating word pictures for tonight. On tomorrow's agenda: updating my resume.

5 comments:

  1. Crater Lake is a natural beauty. Just like you. It beckons with wonder. Nature is full of possibilities. So are you. You may feel small and alone, but God is with you always and I believe he has grand things in store for you. Your potential is as deep as this natural wonder. And your eyes are as blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. senior year-- crazy and so many changes! I'm so glad we'll be living together. :)

    Also, is this a little boat or a normal boat on a huge lake? I can't tell!

    ReplyDelete

This Is Where The People Who Read My Blog Live...

ip-location