Monday, August 9, 2010

10 Things I Love About Summer



1. The blackberries growing over the fence into my backyard (seen above).

2. Cooking and cooking and cooking...trying out all kinds of new recipes, which I will bring with me to school next year. Mostly vegetarian...I'm on a new meatless kick.

3. Teaching swim lessons, especially to kids with Down's Syndrome. Irvin and Thomas make my day every day.

4. My swim team kids.

5. Exercising!

6. Having time and a car to go buy things I need (or want!), which is so much easier at home than at school.

7. Hiking and watching movies with my dad, and playing games with my family. These things pretty much only happen in summer.

8. Fruit smoothies.

9. Farmer's markets and eating organic food. Also, any and all food coming from our garden.

10. Going to Mosaic. I sure do love that church.

1 comment:

  1. BLACKBERRIES!!!! AHHHH that is one of the many reasons I want to be around the NW in the summer! Everyone tells me about all the blackberry bushes!! Yummm vegetarian recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete

This Is Where The People Who Read My Blog Live...

ip-location