Monday, June 28, 2010

Craft Central





Wow, summer is awesome. After a particularly crazy year, it's been so wonderful to enjoy lazy afternoons, chatting on the phone with friends (and not feel the nagging stress of homework!), reading for fun, and most of all, doing crafts!

This summer my crafts of choice are handmade journals (made from maps!) and frames with screen - perfect for hanging earrings. I've been watching the World Cup and crafting at the same time. This last Thursday I sold my crafts at the Last Thursday street fair on Alberta Street. Sales were...ok. I only sold 2 frames and some other little craft items, but I made $27, and hey, that's $27 dollars I didn't have before, which is awesome. I just posted all my journals (and will soon post my frames) on my etsy site, so check that out! And click on the pictures - then I get more views. :)

Other than that, summer is starting out SO well. The sun finally came out, and it really feels warm. I have 10,000 freckles and tan lines that won't disappear and I'm starting to talk like a little kid after teaching lessons all day. So all is right with the world. :)

2 comments:

  1. Your artsy journals are terrific. I hope they sell like gangbusters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sarah your table looks great! And I was definitely going to echo your dad--those journals look really good. Who knows, maybe someone will hear of them and start a trend and you'll have to start making them out of your ears to keep up!

    Yes, summer is grand. I'm glad you are enjoyin it :)

    ReplyDelete

This Is Where The People Who Read My Blog Live...

ip-location