Tuesday, June 29, 2010

17.


Today is my sister Becca's birthday. She is 17 - how did that happen? We are celebrating with only the best - cheesecake and raspberries!

Birthdays make me reminisce. I remember turning 17... and then time flew and suddenly I'm 21, but I still feel like I could be 17 at times. Especially in the summertime, it's funny to realize I'm getting older. I'm back working the same job with a lot of the same people, and even teaching the same kids! It's like a little dreamworld where hardly anything changes. But then I remember, oh yeah, I am older. I did go away to college, I was a PA, I have completed 3/4 of getting my degree. I have changed. And my little sister is now 17 (and she finally got her permit yesterday while she was still a 16-year-old). :)

And from what I hear, life only gets faster. Birthdays are a good reminder to make the most of the time we have because before you know it, your 17th birthday is just a distant memory - but hopefully just one of many great memories in a fulfilled life.

5 comments:

  1. I can hardly keep up with your posts now! :) Atta girl. :)

    Wow I remember turning 17... that's almost 5 years ago now. Yikes. YIKES. Yeah summer is surreal like that, sometimes I forget I'm almost done with college. I forget that next year we'll be the oldest class on campus. What??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some day you won't even remember 17! You'll see your own kids turn 17 and realize you are less than 17 years to retirement. And where did all those years go? Oh yeah, raising that 17 year old and her siblings.

    Your own memory of 17 may be gone, but in its place are the fond memories of your own children. Those may be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont remember turning 17!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, i was just waiting for you to write that, charis... this weekend i will!

    ReplyDelete

This Is Where The People Who Read My Blog Live...

ip-location