Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Break: Food Journal Edition

Well hello there, it's been a while! I had the busiest quarter of my life, so needless to say, I didn't find a whole lot of extra time to blog. But now it's SPRING BREAK and I'm living the life in the great state of California at my good friend M Frank's house. Among other things, eating good food (and lots of it!) is a priority to the Frank family, and I've decided to really adopt this policy for my break. :) Hence, this blog is a photo food journal of my travels this break.

Exhibition #1: Fro yo, take 1. Fro yo (frozen yogurt) is a big deal down here in SoCal. Naturally, we are taking full advantage of this and trying as many fro yo places as we can find. This is from Golden Spoon, our first fro yo stop, at Laguna Beach. I got cake batter with Heath bars. :)

Exhibition #2: Dim sum! This was my first time having dim sum, and I sure did pick the right family to go with. The Franks knew the owners of this restaurant, and they knew exactly what to get.


Exhibition #3: My plate of Chinese goodness.

Exhibition #4: I went with Charis to see her high school friends who are in the area, and we went out for Thai food. I got mussamun beef curry - my family would be proud. It was goooooood.

As I heard on a food show just this morning "the best way to experience a culture is through trying their food." So I'm just gonna keep on experiencing the SoCal culture, and living the life (for 2 more days anyway). :)

3 comments:

  1. MASSAMUN! So good. Holy crumb, what scrumptuous feasts you guys are having!

    It looks like this could have been a food tourism trip; "The Flavors of So-Cal", with guides, the Frank family :)

    -ZHM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmmmm... I'd like to update this food blog. How about adding the other 2 places we had fro yo at? Yogurtland was a fav. :) Yumm, such an appropriate representation of our So. Cal experience at the Frank's house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, your gastronomical tastes have become distinctly epicurean since living in Seattle! That is a great thing. Eating mussaman curry in LA, who would have thought you would be doing this 4 years ago. I am so proud of you. And jealous, too!

    ReplyDelete

This Is Where The People Who Read My Blog Live...

ip-location