Monday, November 16, 2009

20.5


Today is my half-birthday! To celebrate, instead of working on my piles of homework in the 2 hours I have to do that today, I decide to blog.

I'm 20 and a half now. I feel much older! That probably sounds kinda silly to anyone who actually is older because it's easy to look at younger people and think "you are so young still." But I think I feel older precisely because I am often with people younger than myself, living in the residence halls and all. I am the authority figure and girls look to me for advice, answers to their problems, and last night they even called me their "floor mom." If I'm gonna be called "mom," I daresay I should feel a little older than 20!

Also, this year has stretched me a lot already. I've dealt with situations that I never dreamed of being faced with (and I doubt I would have encountered had I not been a PA). I'm not trying to be all dramatic, but I definitely feel that my life has changed a lot since becoming a PA. I have a lot more responsibility, I'm faced with many situations in which I must respond, and my time is no longer just my own. In a nutshell, it's leadership.

So I feel older. But that's ok. It's good for me! And here's a list of the reasons why I love my girls on 2nd West:
- we build awesome, epic forts
- they're musically inclined, and they loved jamming with my lil sis (they taught her to play the ukelele)
- we sit in Gwinn and talk about weird things, like how to touch your tongue to your nose...and then we all practice. I very much hope someone was watching that because I'm sure we looked hilarious.
- they all make fun of how I eat. maybe I don't love that, but no one has ever paid enough attention to comment on the way I eat my ice cream (letting it melt on my tongue and then swallowing...so it doesnt touch my teeth), so I guess that's cool
- they break open bananas with their foreheads now, thanks to me =)
- they let me know when there are problems...even if it means they have to wake me up to do it!
- they are not afraid to share their opinion
- they miss me when I'm gone

2 comments:

  1. Great post on a tiny sliver of what it means to be a PA-- and you've seriously done such an amazing job and it's only been 8 weeks! (only??)

    ReplyDelete

This Is Where The People Who Read My Blog Live...

ip-location